What to do if my ex-husband is not honoring my visitation schedule?

I have a child protection order against me. However the court has agreed to give the probation officer the right to set up visitation; the court is not involved in setting up visitation. I am supposed to have supervised visits with my daughter. My PO has agreed on the supervisor and to have visits at my home. My ex-husband is not allowing the visits at my house under supervision. When there is a visitation scheduled, he always has an excuse not to bring my daughter. What paper do I need to file at the court to have it modified about the visitation?

Asked on September 9, 2012 under Family Law, Missouri


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If your "ex" is not honoring the visitation schedule with respect to your daughter set up by your probation officer and you have made best efforts on your part to work matters out with him, then you need to file a petition with the court in the action with your husband presumably on file seeking a set court order for visitation.

I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney to assist you in such an endeavor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.