If I have a 13 year old felony conviction, can I have it expunge/sealed?

I now live in another state and have served a term in the US Navy.

Asked on September 2, 2013 under Criminal Law, Washington


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Much more would have to be known about the ofense and how it occurred.  On a felony offense, under current Minnesota law, a statutory expungement is not possible.  A judicial expungement is possible, but is also extremelty difficult to achieve without assistanc of counsel. 


Maury D. Beaulier

Attorney at Law

(612) 240-8005

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.