If I had2 other children while married with someone else, do I need to putname themin my dissolution papers?

Asked on March 1, 2012 under Family Law, Ohio


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You probably should if your husband was using marital monies to support those children and these are minor children. It is better to put them into motions for custody and support and let the court decide if it needs to be thrown out. It would be probably thrown out if the children are already receiving child support from their biological father.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.