What are my options if I can no longer pay a ebt settlement?

I had gone into litigation with capital one due to a layoff that had occurred last year. Now I am out of work again. I won’t be able to pay the monthy cost to the lawyers.

Asked on July 31, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Florida


david slater / david p.slater, esq.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Your settlement agreement should indicate what happens if you fail to pay. Usually, a judgment can then be entered.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.