I had been charge on a ticket for minor possession of alcohol, can the charges be dropped if I plead not guilty?

I was at my mothers apartment when this had happened. My brother got real drunk and started to get physical with my mom boyfriend. So I had held him down to prevent any further violence. My mom called the cops to take my brother away and the cop tooked out the breathalyzer and did a pbt on me and I blewed 0.6. The point is that the cop had no reason to do a pbt on me and I felt like he was forcing me to take it. He just tooked the breathalyzer right in my face and kept telling me to blow on it. Would they dropped the charges if I tell them this? Plus, they let my brother go away with no charge

Asked on July 27, 2012 under Uncategorized, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Given the difficult situation that you are now in, I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney as to the best way to try and resolve the matter against you. If you cannot afford an attorney, then possibly the public defender will be appointed to represent you in your matter.

There is always the possibility that the charge against you could be dropped if you plead not guilty. Whether that happens down the line is an unknown presently. what the district attorney's office wishes to do concerning your matter as well as your brother's is an unknown. Consulting with a criminal defense attorney is in your best interests.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.