What to do if I just found out that one of the titanium screws which were used on my spine is cracked in two?

Do I have any recourse on manufacturer or medical personnel? I had a pain stimulator implanted in my side which was supposed to have helped with the pain in my lower back. However, it was removed approximately 6 months later because it wasn’t helping. Now, the place where the implant was is swelling up and also causing pain. The doctors don’t seem to want to address this issue.

Asked on August 19, 2013 under Malpractice Law, Arizona


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You may have a case for product liability or medical malpractice, but it is impossible to know from only reading this post.  You need to get copies of all your medical records together and get them to a personal injury lawyer, who can get them in front of a medical expert who can tell if you have a case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.