I had a illegal alien friend who helps me in my motel for the past 8-10 years who I paid cash but I have no personnel file on her no contract and now with

recession I cannot pay her so I asked her that I did not need her help. So she sees a lawer and now they are asking for her records which none exists. What are my solutions to resolve this?

Asked on June 29, 2009 under Business Law, California


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You had better get an attorney. You may be facing legal problems regarding hiring an illegal alien as well as tax problems.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.