What to do if I had a felony charge that was reduced 4 years ago to a misdemeanor and want to get it off my record?

I was given all my rights back and it was reduced to misdemeanor charge but still pulls up when I do anything. any way I can hire someone to help me get it reduced? I just don’t know how or where to go?

Asked on August 15, 2012 under Criminal Law, Idaho


Mark Petersen / Snake River Law PLLC

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Idaho law does not currently allow for a criminal expungement. Once a criminal citation is on your record it stays there even if reduced or dismissed. Regretfully there is nothing you can do in Idaho to remove a criminal conviction or charge from your record.

Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You will have to seek a criminal expungement in your state. An expungement will allow this criminal charge to be completely removed from your criminal record so long as you qualify and meet all of the eligibility requirements for an expungement in your state. Contact a local criminal defense attorney in your area to determine if you qualify for a criminal expungement at this time.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.