What to do if I had a criminal case 5 years ago and now there is a warrant out for my arrest?

To the best of my knowledge, the case was resolved and closed. However, I’ve learned that the case is still open and I have a warrant. What do I do?

Asked on October 11, 2013 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Given the serious situation that you apparently are in, you should immediately consult with a criminal defense attorney in the county where the warrant was issued to see what can be done to resolve the matter. An attorney in the locality can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.