If I had a check returned in the amount of $649 but was not able to pay by deadline yet have paid since and now must appear in court, should I hire a lawyer to represent me?

Asked on January 15, 2013 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Given what you have written about in the facts pattern of your question, I would appear in court without an attorney and have proof in hand showing the court that the amount demanded to have been paid was paid in full. Hopefully the court will excuse the passing of the payment demand deadline.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.