If I got a summons for attempting to purchase alcohol with a fake ID, what are my charges?

I’m 18 years old, and I don’t have anything on my record. Is there any way for me to plead my case and keep this off my record?

Asked on September 24, 2012 under Criminal Law, Maine


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney about your matter. Possibly you may qualify for "diversion". If so, and you complete the process the charge will be dismissed in all likelihood.

The charge for attempting to purchase alcohol with a false indentification is a misdemeanor, a criminal act.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.