I got a Minor Vissually Intoxicated ticket and IK want to know the range of how much it’s going to cost to get it fixed?

Asked on June 28, 2009 under Criminal Law, Missouri


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If by "fixed" you mean making the charge go away without anything more than out-of-pocket cost, I have a very strong suspicion that you're out of luck.  Underage drinking has become an increasingly serious problem, and it's very unlikely that you'll be able to simply buy your way out of this.  I'm not a Missouri attorney, but my reseach suggests that you're looking at a fine of at least $300 and a 30-day suspension of your driver's license, probably plus court costs.

You might give some serious thought to having an attorney represent you on this charge, if you want to fight it.  One place to look for a qualified lawyer is our website, www.attorneypages.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.