If I got a domestic disorderly over 10 years ago, will I ever be able to firearm hunt again?

Asked on September 20, 2012 under Criminal Law, Wisconsin


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that if you want to possess a firearm to hunt but are concerned about the criminal matter that you seemingly received a conviction for with respect to a domestic matter ten (10) plus years ago that you consult with a criminal defense attorney to see about the proper legal filings that may be necessary to get the ability to possess a firearm again. Based upon such information, you will know your options.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.