What can I do ifI found glass in my son’s baby food?

Asked on November 8, 2011 under Personal Injury, Massachusetts


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If your son was injured by it, you could--and should--sue the manufacturer (and possibly the distributor and/or retailer, too) for his injuries: you could seek to recover any medical costs, for his pain and suffering if there is any long-lasting effect, for your lost wages if you took time off from work, etc. You should speak with a personal injury attorney in this case.

If there was no injury, there is no point in suing: you can only recover money related to extent and cost of injuries, so without injury, there's nothing to sue for. You could still contact the manufacturer and see if they would offer you any compensation for the experience.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.