If I filed battery charges against my husband but we have since reunited and I do not want to testify against him, what can I do now?

Asked on March 4, 2013 under Criminal Law, Indiana


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You will need to speak with the prosecutor. The prosecutor may have enough to still prosecute and while you may not be forced to testify against him, if the prosecution moves forward you may need to think about whether you wish to testify on his behalf.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.