What to do if I filed child support against my daughter’s father and in turn he filed a counter petition for custody and child support from me?

A court date is already set up for 2 weeks from now. My dilema is that I have brought her to him every weekend (he lives in a diferent city 30 min away) from Friday until Sunday before we started any child support or custody case. Now, I’m afraid to take her to him this weekend in fear of him keeping her from me until court. Is that legal for him to do if he tries? What raremy rights if that were to happen? What should I do?

Asked on November 16, 2012 under Family Law, Kansas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney concerning the dilemma that you are writing about concerning the child support matter involving your child for assistance. If your daughter's father violates a court order regarding custody in place such is wrong. If such happens you clearly need a family law attorney to assist you in your matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.