If I fell on ice at my job and hurt my knee, is it possible for me to sue?

I received workmen comp for a month. I went back to work but after 2 weeks I couldn’t do it any longer.The fall I took aggravated the arthritis in my knee pretty bad, but they refuse to pay for anything else.

Asked on June 4, 2014 under Personal Injury, Ohio


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

I am afraid that for a work injury, your remedy is  through Worker's Compensation.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.