i fell of the roof of my next door neibors roof and i broke both my knees and im not sure if they have insuience is there anything that i can do about

Asked on June 15, 2009 under Personal Injury, Washington


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

if you are injured on another persons property you usually will always have a valid claim against the property owners. Although I would advise you seek legal counsel from a local attorney in order to explain the specifics I would basically say yes there is probably a lawsuit if you wanted to go that route.

However if they don't have insurance than it will become a matter of suing them personally which I don't know how you would want to proceed. You can always also talk to them and maybe work out something for them to cover your medical bills etc without having to sue them. You should at least speak to an attorney see what your options are and than decide how to proceed

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.