If I fell in the grocery store 2 1/2 years ago and had to go through extended PT, what can I do?

It was just before my wedding. I could not wear my shoe of preference for my wedding. I obtained a lawyer shortly after but I moved and missed some documents and so he let it go. I want to know if I can still pursue this or not? It was originally reported to their upper management and I was taken to hospital from store by ambulance.

Asked on September 24, 2014 under Personal Injury, Maryland


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

I would first get in contact with the old attorney.  What you mean by "let it go" is significant here.  What is good is that Maryland has a 3 year Statute of Limitations for personal injury claims so you still have time if the injury warrants the suit.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.