If I failed to report to work release And now I am a fugitive, what should I do now?

Is there anyway to avoid jail time?

Asked on April 2, 2015 under Criminal Law, California


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Probably not.  What will happen is that the police will find you and take you in to custody and reincarcerate you to serve the balance of your sentence.  If you had a "good reason" then I would call a lawyer to help you.  Heck, I would call a lawyer anyway to let you turn yourself in and avoid being taken in in cuffs. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.