What do I do if I did not pay a ticket for DUI?

It has been 8 years.

Asked on August 14, 2013 under Criminal Law, California


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

A DWI offense requires an appearance in court.  If you failed to appear a warrant would issue for your arreest.  If you did appear, and entered a plea of guilty and were required to pay a fine that was not paid, you may face a probation violation where the Judge may sentence you to any jail time previously stayed.  You must comnsult in person with an experienced attorney. 



IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.