i cut my leg open with a chainsaw and the boss didnt provide safety atire what can i do about that?

didnt provide me with safety atire

Asked on September 26, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Tennessee


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Since you were injured on the job, you should file a workers' compensation claim.  Your employer's HR department can provide you with the appropriate forms for filing your claim. 
As for not being provided with safety attire, you can file a confidential complaint about your unsafe working conditions with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) www.osha.gov

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.