If I currently have a restricted license in one state andI recently got charged with DUI in another state, what can I expect to happen?

TXgave me fines and an administrative license suspension for the DUI. What can I expect from CO where I already have a restricted license?

Asked on March 14, 2011 under Criminal Law, Colorado


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

I am guessing that you have a restricted license in Colorado because of a DUI conviction there, correct?  And then you applied to the Court or to DMV to allow you to be able to drive to and from either work or school, correct? And you still had a valid Texas driver's license the entire time this was happening in Colorado, correct?  Well I think that your options here are pretty much over and I would really worry about the conviction in Colorado.  By that I mean, if you were on probation for the DUI/DWI offense in Colorado the arrest in Texas is a violation of your probation.  It is time for you to consult with an attorney and possibly two attorneys, one in each state.  And time to get some serious help here.     

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.