What can I do if I caused an accident while driving an uninsured car and have been cited for impeded driving and driving while uninsured with a revoked registration?

Asked on November 5, 2014 under Criminal Law, Massachusetts


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Go and see an attorney for a free consultation. You seem to be admitting negligence here.  Understand that driving while uninsured is not what we call an "indicia" of negligence any more than driving with out a license.  But you need some one to explain your rights and obligations under the law with all the facts before him or her.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.