If I can no longer afford my mortgage and can’t qualify for aid so foreclosure is eminent, can my lender come after my vehicles and personal property?

Asked on November 7, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Arizona


eric redman / Redman Ludwig, P.C.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

the lender has to go through a foreclosure process that takes 6-10 months here in Indiana.  you can live there free for that time.  if the lender does not get paid fully from your house when it sells, then you owe the deficiency.  in Indiana you can protect 9350 dollars in personal propertry including cars.

bakruptcy would eliminate this and other debts and also allow you to stay in your home 3-5 months longer- free.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.