If I bit into a burrito at a fast food chain and it broke my back lower molar, how can I get the restaurant to pay for my bill?

I have no insurance to see a dentist.

Asked on September 17, 2012 under Personal Injury, Washington


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

First, you would have to determine what it was in the burrito that caused you to break your tooth and you would also have to show that the restaurant was negligent in having whatever this object was in their food.  If you still have the object, hang on to it.  Hopefully you made the fast food establishment aware of the incident when it happened.  I would suggest you contact an attorney in your area who specializes in personal injury and get a consultation.  He or she will be able to hear all of the facts of your case and give you a more informed answer as to what your legal rights and options may be.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.