If I applied for an H1B visa 9 years ago under the advanced degree quota with my MS degree in US.an I apply again for H1B visa under the advanced degree with the same degree that I was awarded previously?

Asked on September 18, 2015 under Immigration Law, Virginia


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Yes, why not? Once you have a degree you can get H-1B on the basis of that degree for any job that requires that level of education.  If you are eligible for new H-1B is the question in terms of whether you have exhausted your maximum time in H-1B before and have spent at least one year outside the US to restart the H-1B clock.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.