If I’m turning 18 this month and am considered homeless due to my parents living in another country, is there a way I can bring my mom who is not a US citizen to here to live with me?

I am a US citizen.

Asked on January 6, 2013 under Family Law, Massachusetts


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you are a United States citizen you can petition this country's immigration service for a visa for your mother to come to this country and perhaps obtain residency. I suggest that you consult further with an immigration attorney to assist you in your endeavor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.