What to do if I’m the residential parent and there is a clause in our agreement that gives me final decision on any matters we cannot agree on but nothing in the agreement regarding holidays?

My ex has the kids on wed evening for dinner. We are traveling 10 hours for Thanksgiving.

Asked on November 7, 2012 under Family Law, Ohio


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If there is nothing in the presumed court order concerning custody issues with respect to the holidays giving the final say as to the issue then you and the "ex" need to either reach an accord on the matter on your own or have the court decide such for you. I suggest that you consult further with a family law attorney on the matter for assistance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.