If I am owner of Thai restaurant and am short of Thai cooks, can I bring some Thai chefs from Thailand to work for me?

I have owned the restaurant for 10 years. I am a US citizen now but from Thailand originally.

Asked on September 19, 2012 under Immigration Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You can bring in Thai cooks from Thailand for your restaurant to work however any employee that you bring from Thailand who is not a United States citizen must have an appropriate work visa approved by this country's immigration & naturalization department to enter and work here. I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney to discuss what you can do to accomplish your goals.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.