If I’m 1 of 3 administrators to a Will but live abroad, how do I give my consent to the satisfaction of legally selling the house legally?

All administrators have agreed to sell the deceased’s property.

Asked on November 14, 2012 under Estate Planning, New York


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You would probably need to sign a notarized affidavit and submit to the court since probate has been opened with an agreement specifically referencing the property, that you are one of three administrators and you give written consent to the sale.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.