If I’m married to a US citizen with my green card is pending and have gotten a work authorization valid for 1 year, can I apply on-line for renewal when the time comes and do I need to pay another fee for the re-renewal?

Asked on November 6, 2015 under Immigration Law, New York


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You do not need to pay for a renewal and most likely you will not need to do so anyway because in most cases such as yours, you will be called in for your permanent residence interview about 5-7 months after filing and if all is approvable, your green card will be issued before your EAD is due to expire.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.