If I’m looking to accept a plea deal which is Faciliation of an Illegal Enterprise Monetary Donation, will this effect my residency or citizenship application?

I have been here for 6 years and am from the United Kingdom. The plea is to be open with reduction to misdemeanor. I want to know about deportation/residency renewal.

Asked on July 9, 2012 under Immigration Law, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If the plea bargain for the crime that you are charged with was a feloiny, such a guilty plea would surely impact your ability to get into the United States on a residency application under Immigration and Naturalization Service regulations.

If the plea is a misdemeanor as you write and is not deemed a crime of moral turpitude and lack of honesty, then the plea should not impact your ability to get residency in this country. However, from what you write, it seems as though the crime charged with is one of moral turpitude and a guilty plea could end up with a negative result for you for residency status.

I suggets that you consult with an immigration attorney further on this issue to get greater clarification.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.