How do I get pay that is owed to me?

I am currently owed 3 months back pay, plus this current paycheck. When asked when I will recieve these funds the answer initially was check is in the mail. Today the answer was it was direct deposited into your account zero balance in account. Then when bank said no it wasn’t, the answer was the check was pulled and no timeline as to when I would get it.

Asked on September 18, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The only way you are going to get paid wages that are owed you is for you to consult either a labor law attorney and/or a representative with your local department of labor as to the earnings that should have been paid you long ago. Your employer has no intention of paying you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.