I am being charged with 2 counts of posession with intent to deliver and a gun enhancement. What are my options?

Here are my attempted charges:1 Original UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITH INTENT TO DELIVER 69.50.401(1)(2)(b) 2 Original UNLAWFUL USE OF **** PARAPHERNALIA 69.50.102, 69.50.412(1) 3 Original DRIVING WHILE IN SUSPENDED OR REVOKED STATUS IN THE SECOND DEGREE 46.20.342(1)(b 1 Original UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITH INTENT TO DELIVER 69.50.401(1)(2)(b) Can you recommend a good lawyer for me.My rights are being violated. I feel with the right lawyer, I can prove that the police are corrupted.

Asked on June 30, 2009 under Criminal Law, Washington


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

One place you can look for a qualified defense lawyer is our website, http://attorneypages.com

You're looking at some fairly serious charges here.  I'm not sure why you think you can prove that the police are corrupt, since you (quite rightly) didn't share the evidence here.  But that sort of thing is actually extremely difficult to prove in court, even for experienced lawyers.  I'd suggest that you focus on giving your attorney all of the facts, and then follow his or her advice, so that you can get the lowest possible sentence if there's no chance for an acquittal.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.