What to do if I’m an Australian citizen currently in the US on a B1/B2 visa and have just received a job offer with an American company?

If I wish to transfer my status to E3, can I do this without leaving the US?

Asked on July 31, 2012 under Immigration Law, Arizona


Gene Meltser, Esq. / BIRG & MELTSER

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

yes it can definitely be done here if you are here on a B and still in status. What is the job offer for (occupation)? Please reply directly to meltser@bmlaw.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.