If I’m administrator of my father’s estate and sold his property, since the escrow refund check has been sent in his name to his last address and not the buyer’s escrow, who gets funds?

Asked on February 21, 2013 under Estate Planning, California


Catherine Blackburn / Blackburn Law Firm

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I don't understand the question.  If the funds belong to the buyer, they should be returned to the escrow agent to issue a check to the buyer.  If the funds belong to your father, then you can deposit them into the estate account.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.