If I’m a trustee for my late mother’s revocable trust but I wish to resign and pass my responsibilities to the successor Trustee, how do I do this?

And is there a form letter?

Asked on July 15, 2012 under Estate Planning, New Jersey


John Ducey / Law Offices of John G. Ducey,PC

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You can just do a renunciation letter and have your signature notarized.  I don't know of a "form".  As long as the information you need to convey is in the letter, ie. I no longer wish to be the trustee you should be good.


John Ducey


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.