Regarding a proof of service form, do I send it back to the court once the certified mail and return reciept is confirm by signature?

I am a residuary beneficary of my aunt’s estate. I filed a verified complaint in action to compel an accounting and discovery by the administrator because he has refused to file a formal or informal accounting of my aunt’s estate for 2 years.

Asked on January 12, 2013 under Estate Planning, New Jersey


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

May I suggest you obtain probate litigation attorney to assist you. You have a long row to hoe ahead of you. As to your question, yes if the receipt is signed by the recipient.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.