If I’m a participant in a class action lawsuit, how do I find the lawyer or law firm for this case?

I still have my notirized statement from the case but I don’t have the lawyers name or contact information for. The case is for an unfair wage claim and for working us off the clock without pay.

Asked on November 14, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, New York


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The way to find out who the lawyer is on your class action lawsuit is to go online and find the county, state and case number of the matter where you are a party in the class action matter. From there you will be able to get the name of the attorney or attorneys representing you in the matter you have written about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.