What will happen to me if I’m a first time offender when it comes to not carding a minor?

I am a first-time offender. I have all the times before but I was so overwhelmed that day and it was so hectic; I was under a lot of pressure. I have court tomorrow and I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to go to jail but read that first offenses can get up 3 months.

Asked on November 4, 2013 under Criminal Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If you are a first time offender for not carding a minor for alcohol purchase there is a good chance that you can qualify for court probation. If you do and adhere to the terms of the probation, the chargev will be dismissed with no conviction.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.