If I’m an F-1 student visa holder and attended college over 20 years ago but dropped out, am I eligible to change my status to a permanent resident status?

Asked on September 10, 2014 under Immigration Law, New York


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Hello. You may adjust your status if you marry a US citizen in a bona fide marriage. You must have proof of your last legal entry into the US.  Feel free to email if you have additional questions at Harun@ksvisalaw.com 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.