My husband is working in a US firm on a H1B.

I work in one of the Big 4 Audit firms in INDIA. Recently my company is going to file an L1B for myself. In this case, will the US Consular allow me to go on a L1B since I hold a H4 dependent visa too.

Reply will be appreciated.

Asked on May 14, 2016 under Immigration Law, Minnesota


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If you qualify for the L-1B then there should not be a reason why you don't get the L-1B visa.  The fact that you have the dependent H-4 is of no consequence in this situation.  But the company has to petition for your L-1B or use a blanket petition approval if they have that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.