How will I find out the decision of the court after an annulment hearing?

My Texan husband and I married in Texas. He has filed for an annulment in Texas. I have signed a waiver as I cannot attend court. I live in the UK. lHow will I know the decision of the court as I don’t trust my husband to tell me the truth.

Asked on July 6, 2009 under Family Law, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You can, and should, ask him for a certified (official) copy of the court's judgment of annulment;  it's something you will probably need in the future to prove that you aren't married.  If he won't do it, you should have the case number from the waiver form and the other papers, and for a small fee you should be able to get a copy of the judgment or decree from the court clerk.  Almost every court in the U.S. has some sort of internet presence these days;  if you can't order the records you need on line, there will be other contact information at the very least.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.