How to get help with minors who are victims of identity theft?

I have 2 daughters, who are minors. Their paternal grandfather works for a company who issued checks in their names, as vendors to the company for services done. I do not not know how many times this has been done. The company who issued the check refuses to tell me if any other checks have been issued in my daughters’ names. I have contacted the FTC, FCIC, DOL, and SSA no one has been able to help me.

Asked on June 12, 2012 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

With respect to the issue of possible identity theft with respect to your two minor daughters by their paternal grandfather, I suggest that you and he have a face to face meeting with respect to the issue that you are writing about to air our your concerns.

If the meeting does not resolve the issue then I suggest that you consult with an attorney that practices law in the area of consumer protection. I would also have a background check on your daughters with various credit reporting agencies to further your investigation on the subject.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.