How should I behave if my boss is using psychologically abuse to force me to quit?

Threats to fire, unannounced pay check cut, removed privileges such as overtime, make up for time, and being his right arm. He ignores any form of written communication I send him and gets very irritated and nervous when he talks to me in person. He asks me to do a task and a few days later says It’s not important and I’m waisting resources.

Asked on July 22, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written, it appears that your presence at work is no longer wanted where it might be in your best interests to start looking for another job elsewhere. You need to be aware that under the laws of all states in this country everyone is terminable at the will of an employer subject to a written contract and laws against discrimination.

If you have a human resources department at work, you should document what is happening between you and your boss. You might also consider consulting with a labor attorney as to what other options you might have while you remain an employee at the place you work at presently.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.