How many years can you get for harboring a fugitive

My aunt has a pending charge over aggravated robbery but she wasn’t alone. He is on the run but she is not. If she gets caught with him after having him around for about a year what kind of time is she looking at?

Asked on April 16, 2017 under Criminal Law, Texas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

In Texas, the person harboring a fugitive can be charged with the same crime as the fugitive and sentenced based on that crime.  Aggravated robbery in TX has a sentence of up to 99 years and a potential $10,000 fine.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.