How canI bring my girlfriend from Nepal to the US?

What are my requirements? How do I get more information?

Asked on November 10, 2011 under Immigration Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If you are an American citizen and wish to bring your girlfriend who is a citizen of Nepal to live in the United States on a permanent basis as opposed to a visit, you need to go down to the nearest American Immigration and Naturalization office and obtain the necessary forms for her to fill out for an American visa.

She then needs to fill them out and submit them back to the office where your received them and wait to see if her application is accepted and denied. Sometimes the decision takes many months for an acceptance or a denial. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.