How do you have a mobile home and owner removed from private property?

We want to the owner of a mobile home that is currently on 1 acre of our property. He has been paying rent for the last 3 months but has not prior to that and has been on the property for 16 years. What is the procedure for owner and property to leave?

Asked on August 20, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Wisconsin


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Assuming the tent is on a month-to-month lease or has breached the lease in a material way, you simply serve the tenant with a written notice of temination of the lease (thirty [30]) days and serve such on the tenant. If the tenant does not vacate in the thirty (30) day period, you will need to file an unlawful detainer action against him or her. If matters get to that point, you should consult with a landlord tenant attorney to assist you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.