How doI submit an order to the courthouse?

I receceived a DUI in 2007. I’m finally able to try an resolve this situation. I’m taking the court appointed classes now twice a month as ordered. I submitted a letter to the judge asking for me to be able to accelerate the process by attending this class more than twice a month. My motion was granted. Apparently, I have to submit an order of the motion to the court. I need help understaning what I need to do.

Asked on July 21, 2010 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


Anna Aleksander / Aleksander Law Office PLLC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I agree with the above attorney's response. An order should typically look like this: Case #, parties' names...(Commonwealth of KY, Plaintiff vs. Your Name, Defendant) ORDER ***** Upon Defendant's motion for (specify the relief here), on Date, and the Court being sufficiently advised it is hereby ordered Defendant is to attend classes # of times per month.   ____ Judge _____ Date. Submitted by: your name, address, Pro Se, & your signature. 

M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

What happened was that the court treated your informal letter as a motion in order to have a formal record of what transpired in the case.  Now you must submit an order for signature before you are able to do what you wanted as to the class.  In order to insure that you are doing it just as the Judge would want it I would consider going down to the courthouse and seeing his or her law clerk or law secretary and asking him or her to give you a copy of an order that you can use as a model for yours.  It would have to be redacted (which is erased of information relevant to another case).  Most Judge's are sympathetic to pro se parties and help them out.  If that does not work ask about a legal form supply place that might have a form that you could buy.  Try looking on line as well. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.